Introducing FlexMat, a next-generation uncoupling membrane, high performance uncoupling membrane for use under ceramic tile and stone installations. Can be used for both residential and commercial applications. The unique patented design of Flextile FlexMat uncouples the floorcovering from the substrate and prevents the transfer of stresses to the tiled surface. Cracks in the substrate are bridged and not transferred to the tile installed.
Its design also allows for installations with both latex-modified and unmodified tile mortars, for proper installation and maximum strength of large format porcelain, tile and stone. It allows for installation over a wide range of substrates, including plywood/OSB, concrete, gypsum, heated floors, etc.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• USE MODIFIED OR NON-MODIFIED THIN SET TOP AND BOTTOM
• EXTRA HEAVY SERVICE RATING ON CONCRETE
• EXCEEDS ANSI A118.12 ANTI-FRACTURE
• UNIQUE TOP LAYER SCRIM IS WELD BONDED TO THE SURFACE PROVIDING MECHANICAL KEY FOR TILE BOND
• VERY HIGH POINT LOAD USING OFFSET DIMPLE DESIGN
• DOES NOT CRUSH WHEN INSTALLING
• SUITABLE OVER GREEN CONCRETE
• INSTALL OVER SINGLE LAYER PLYWOOD AND OSB
• WATERPROOF LAYER USING FLEXTILE JOINT STRIP